The holidays may have passed, but I'm still all about those wintery vibes. Is there any better way to hide from the outdoors than to bake, eat and repeat?
This cake pop recipe has a birthday cake base. I used colorful sprinkles on the inside, but for a more "wintery" look you can use blue sprinkles.
There are two ways to make cake pops: with a mold, and hand-rolled. This recipe uses a mold, but you can choose to bake the cake in a pan and hand-roll the pops with icing as a binder–– but I'll save that for another day.
- 4 tbsp, softened to room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tbsp + extra for decorating sprinkles
- 1 bag candy melts